View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajaygle View Post
Contexts aren't useful for reference items. So if I want to store reference items in OF then I have to artificially set a context.
Why? If it is truly a reference item, and not actionable, it doesn't need to be shown as available, so the lack of a context shouldn't be an issue, so long as you don't put it somewhere where it will block other actions.
Quote:
For actions, there are some where a context just isn't that meaningful to me. For instance, an action to call someone or do something that requires my computer. I'm never that far from either, so to set a context of Phone or Mac isn't that useful to me. I'm never going to view a list of all my Phone actions or all my Mac actions to determine what to do next. Instead I'll use some other criteria, such as project or due date.
You can set a default context for a project or single-action list. Assign something to that project or SAL and it will automatically get that default. Make it one that you wouldn't normally assign to an action where a context would be useful, set it as default on your catch-all projects or SALs that your phone calls and Mac actions tend to fall in and its out of the way.