View Single Post
I have four main project folders: work, personal, support, and shopping. Support is for stuff like backing up computers or doing my accounting -- not really billable hours but stuff necessary for work to move forward.

Within the work folder are folders for each client, and within each client are the projects for that client.

My personal folder contains projects like "health & fitness," car maintenance, personal junk, home maintenance.

Under support, I have a project called "flashcards." Each task contains a nugget of information I am trying to memorize, such as Mac keystrokes or how many kumquats it takes to grow a pear. These are set up to flash in my "tickler" context and repeat once a week.

Among my support folders is one called "daily maintenance," which includes things like backup my iCal, synchronize my Blackberry, back up the laptop, and do Omnifocus reviews. I have a monthly maintenance project, too -- for paying bills, catching up on filing, reviewing my "someday/maybe" folders, cleaning out my "waiting for" hard copy folder, and reviewing my list of "on hold" projects.

One of the best tricks I've learned about OF is that you don't need to worry about designing a permanent hierarchy that will last forever. Just start with what seems useful and let it evolve.