View Single Post
Hey Paland,
I agree with abh19 not to tangle context into them, but that doesn't really sound like what you are doing. I suggest having enough folders to help you keep on top of it all, but keep it as simple as possible.

I personally use 4 folders for my situation. I run a creative shop so i have grouped in folders my projects like this:

Clients projects (i use a client code for each client and job number at the beginning of the name which also helps me to see which project belongs to which client eg OMN0023_Website Design).
Agency projects (projects that are related to running my business)
Opportunities (new business prospects etc)
Personal Projects

This lets me manage things in good sized chunks on screen and also helps narrow down my search when I'm scanning for a certain project. It also help me when I want a particular perspective, eg, i want to work only on client projects, that are due today.

BTW - I also have reflected these groupings for my project support material on my physical desk with wire racks representing each "folder" and project bags for all paper based info and similarly again on my computer for my soft info. Works well for my needs.

Remember, it's not hard at all to change things as you go, none of it is set in concrete, so try it for a while and refine it as you go, you'll soon see if it's working or not.