View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by torchy View Post
It sounds like a lot of people want this. I was hoping for something simpler (I think) which is essentially to define a action as either 'work week', 'weekend' or 'any' and even if start/due dates become available, they would or wouldn't show based on those criteria. That is to say these are single, not repeating actions, but I only want to do work stuff during the week, and personal stuff during the weekends.

Can this be done?
There isn't per item metadata which describes whether a item is a work week or weekend type of thing. However, OmniFocus does give you the flexibility to view your data in this way.

Let me describe my workflow to you. It may work well for you.

The top level of my OmniFocus Library has 4 folders which are roughly areas of responsibility.

In Project Mode, selecting any of these top-level areas of responsibility limits the displayed items. Focusing on these top-level folders will limit the items displayed in Context Mode based on this area of responsibility. I have saved Perspectives for view configurations that I use frequently.

Setting up your Library this way may be a paradigm shift for you, but is probably less work in the long run than making sure that each individual item gets marked as either weekend or work week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Library.png
Views:	799
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	2276