View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Sorry for the frustration here, UncleJr; we've been working on iCloud support continuously for over a year now, so we certainly understand where you're coming from.

Our CEO recently posted this article on our blog; it may be helpful in understanding the situation. For a third party perspective, Macworld magazine did a great article recently that I'd recommend checking out.

With respect to Dropbox, there are other risks to keep in mind, which is one of the reasons we're not currently working on that. Maybe in the future, though.
Here's a hint, Omni Group: When your users are all asking for something, get working on it, instead of ignoring them, telling them why they shouldn't want it, or proposing workarounds that they already know about. You have one option that is built into iOS (iCloud) and another that appears, by count of requests in this form, to be the most popular document-sharing service by a wide margin (Dropbox).

Every other iPad app I use regularly (Notebook, your competitor, for whose iPad application I happily paid $30; GoodReader; iaWriter; all my recording apps) introduced support for both of these a long time ago. So please don't ask us to believe that it's some deficiency in iCloud, or your concern for our security, that is preventing you from introducing these features.

Plain and simple: Stop prioritizing things your customers don't want (why on EARTH would I want ANOTHER syncing server to worry about, and I have no reason whatsoever to be confident in your security) and start working on the things we do want. We are your customers, and we know (much) better than you do what we need.

Oh, and PS -- it's now September, and the "recent" articles you posted are months old. We're waiting.