View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
From my perspective:

Strictly speaking there isn't a next action in parallel projects. However, it is very likely that you will still have a preferred order of completing the project if you can, in which case the 'next' action is likely to be the one you want to do first by preference. E.g. while you can get bread, cheese and milk at any time and in any order when you go shopping in the supermarket, you are likely to get the cheese and milk at roughly the same time as they are both in the same aisle whereas the bread is on the other side of the store.
Big Thanks JKT. You have opened an understanding of this for me. I never really thought that i could do that i.e see the fact that there is probably a preferred order even in parallel projects. I thought my limitation to this would be omnifocus, but your suggestion opens up new possibilities for me.

This then flooded me with a load of questions
Heres some new avenues of explortion for me:-

Is there any purpose to sequential & parallel projects. As all projects are seen as sequential in the context mode?

Why not just scrap the idea and make all projects function in the way that parallel projects currently operate (as from above i now know that a pararallel projects acts as a sequential project). If you did this then reduce the "Show action with status" to just 2 possibilities "next action" "available"
. There would be no need for "remaining"

I don't know the answers yet, but i'd be open to any further understanding on this.

Thanks again JKT