View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by henri View Post
I don't see why I can't have some longish single-action lists if I want to, sorted by start date, say. That's a decision that the user should make, not the software. Fans of David Allen may have reasons to keep their single-action lists short, but I don't think it is the OmniGroup's responsibility to tell me how to organize my life! They should provide a flexible tool people can use as they see fit.
Knock yourself out! Have as many as you want. Perhaps that statement would have sounded less didactic if I had prefaced it with "In my humble opinion..." And how exactly is OmniGroup telling you how to organize your life? If that were the case, you wouldn't have your "longish" single-action lists, nor would the original poster. Indeed, OmniFocus is flexible enough to accommodate even the worst of the many bad organizational habits we all have. And, yes, in my humble opinion, relying on long (and multiple) single-action lists is a bad habit and a terribly inefficient use of the power of OF. If you want to keep a bunch of to-do lists, why not just go back to pen and paper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by henri View Post
I love that idea, but it's severely undermined by the fact that folders ALL show up in the main pane. Why does the main pane not respect the hierarchy, and give me a choice of expanding or collapsing folders? That would make it a lot easier to see the structure of one's life.
Are you familiar with the FOCUS option in the toolbar? The reason I ask is that you didn't include that part of my statement in the quote you selected. Select a folder, click on the FOCUS icon, and miraculously "ALL" of your folders no longer show up in the pane, just the one you've chosen to work on.