View Single Post
It's an all or nothing deal with the status checkboxes, I'm afraid. The iPad app has status checkboxes for each row in a column to the right of the topic column, though the column may be hidden. On the Mac, the status checkboxes are on the left, hugging the left edge of the rows, but may optionally be hidden (see the Document: Display inspector). Both apps allow you to add additional columns to display checkboxes, but once again, you can't hide the display for some rows and not others.

I would suggest using a different method to put extra space in your outline if you don't want the spacing to have checkboxes. You can put blank lines in your rows themselves by pressing option-return at the end of a line on the Mac. On the iPad, it is a bit more complicated because there's no option key; you can enter the note field for a row, make some blank lines, copy and paste them into the row at the desired spot. As you have a Mac and the Mac app, I would just do it there and send it back to the iPad.