View Single Post
abruenin: I understand what you're saying. And maybe there is room for prioritization in Focus. I'm not the one to make that call.

Can I take off my Omni hat and speak as just another user for a minute?
I'd like to offer an analogy to explain why some people are reluctant to have more features thrown in, even if they can be turned off.
Have you ever needed a screwdriver, and been handed one of those everything-in-one tools? For a quick tightening of one screw, that tool will probably work just fine. But when you spend all day every day tightening screws, you want a screwdriver that was made just to be a screwdriver. Its designer didn't have to shorten the shaft so it would fold back into the handle neatly or make any other compromises. She (or he) could focus on making a device that was optimized for tightening and loosening screws.

Many GTD-ers expect to use the app multiple times per day, so they want it optimized for getting things done the way they work. I welcome the fact that there are many GTD apps being developed and encourage everyone to find the one that fits them best. (Even I might not end up using OmniFocus -- my hipsterPDA is pretty reliable.)