View Single Post
+1 on this request. I can imagine the complex logic this might take to fix this, but I am 12 days into the trial on the Mac with purchased software on my iPhone and iPad and I have several duplicates every day. The only difference between the two duplicates are the Added and Changed timestamps. There was 30 minutes between two dups this morning.

One solution might be to improve the sync algorithm so that only added/changed/deleted data is sent and increase the frequency of syncs, particularly on the desktop. It looks like my Mac is syncing once per hour. If the Mac synced after a screen unlock or focus event (with a max of every 5 minutes or so), maybe that might decrease the likelihood of a dup.

Another thought that occurred to me is to remove dups during cleanup. Only delete a dup that differs only in the added/changed timestamp that was created by two or more executions of the Repeating Action code. If I duplicate a task manually, exclude that duplicate from the cleanup.

I am of course, just brainstorming. But I agree with everyone here that I should not have to think about duplicate tasks. Computers were made for man, not man for the computer.

Thanks for listening!