View Single Post
I had a hard time understanding that too until recently.

Everything that is 20K+ level is never a project but either an
Area of responsibility/focus (20K),
a goal (30K),
a vision (40K),
or a Purpose (50K)

I kept thinking that I want a mindmap to give me a better idea but struggled with setting one up.

Here is how I have it.

Purpose is something that you could write essays about but at the end of the day, it can boil down to a few bullet points right?
Example:
Provide for self & family
(Insert what you want here)

The examples are projects and they are grouped under a folder called Purpose/Vision

Similarly, I do the same for the rest......

Vision is something for where you see your life to be at a later stage - this is for you to feel cheery about
Example:
Where do you want to be in 5/10/15 years?
Where do you want to influence the world in? Where do you see you or your organization - where do you want to take it to?

Goals - these help me tremendously by reviewing them weekly because Goals are what when they are hit - you feel great!
Example:
lower body weight to xxx by end of semester
Apply for job to 10 companies by Mm/2011

etc etc

The whole point of using the bullet points as projects is because they are unattainable and while your projects come from your areas of responsibility, the areas of responsibilities/focus are supposed to serve as checklists so that your project inventory is complete/correct and fulfilling such and such areas.

Overall, yes OF does a great job of managing your projects/items and using it this way allows me to have the ability to view all the other things like my goals which remind me about what I need to be doing or checking in with myself.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by leo; 2011-02-26 at 09:15 PM..