View Single Post
I've set myself up an "action" email account on my server and in apple-mail. I've set up rules to adress it in apple mail.

Any email addressed to "action@audiosupergeek.com" goes into this account. When it gets downloaded by apple-mail, Curt's "Add OmniFocus Action" script is run, adding it to OF. Then the mail is moved to deleted items. Now I can add actions from anyplace I have email access, including my Treo and other computers.

The only bummer is that Mail needs to open and check mail to proccess the incoming tasks and hand them over to OF. Wouldn't it be cool if OF could automatically connect via POP3 in the background on load, download my "action emails" to the inbox and erase them from the server? Not any full email integration, but just this basic processing? (I'm probably dreaming, but I sure would love it.)

In the spirit of GTD, I'm trying to get out of the habit of constantly checking email. I'm trying to only check it 3 times a day and process the entire inbox, then move on. It's a bummer to need to load Apple mail to process my "ActionMail" when I really only want OF open, because that inbox just begs to be read.