View Single Post
The concept of an "agenda" has always seemed somewhat ambiguous to me, but here's my take. I use my @agenda lists as a way to keep track of things I need to discuss with others the next time I happen to be speaking with them, be it in person, over the phone, or in an email. It's a more passive context than, say, @calls or @email.

I don't keep @waitingfor items in my @agenda lists, since the context is different--not physically, but conceptually. My @waitingfor list is for delegated tasks whose completion is necessary to move a project forward. During my weekly review, if I come across a @waitingfor item that requires a reminder, I add an action to @calls. This is merely my interpretation of the "official" GTD system; your mileage may vary.

Not to introduce more complexity into an already confusing issue, but what I'd love to see is the ability to attach tasks--any task, regardless of context--to contacts in my address book. This does two things:

1. I don't have to have a separate context for each person to whom I have delegated a task. One list for @agendas, one for @waitingfor, filterable by contact via the search bar, filter ribbon, or some other clever mechanism that the Omni folk dream up.

2. I see lots of cool possibilities to "put it in front of the door," as David says. For example, when my bluetooth phone is paired with my MacBook, my computer pops open a caller ID window showing the contact's profile. This would be a perfect opportunity for OmniFocus to chime in and remind me that I have to remind Jane that I'm waiting for a decision on the whatzit, or tell Bob about the new Thai restaurant I read about in the paper. (This feels like an OmniFocus 2.0 feature, but tying tasks to contacts lays the foundation.)

Thoughts?