View Single Post
I am testing out OO4 and I too was expecting very different results from the Word Export feature. After reading this thread I now understand that OO exports should be opened in the 'outliner' view of word - DerekM is right, the hierarchy is preserved there.

However, my intention for importing to word is not to import as a word 'outline' but as a bulleted list that preserves the hierarchy that I have in OO.

See attached screenshots: The first shows the hierarchy in OO, the second shows what I would expect the exported version to look like in word (as a bulleted list in the print layout view), the third shows how the export actually looks if you are not in 'outline' view.

My questions are:
1) Am I doing something wrong and OO actually CAN export as a bulleted list?
2) If OO can't do this and only exports as a Word 'outline' - can we expect an update to enable this functionality?

To be honest, whether I purchase OO4 depends upon whether or not I can export as a bulleted list. My intention is to create outlines in OO4, and export so I can share as bulleted lists with my colleagues, and to save as bulleted notes in Evernote.

Thanks for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 10.51.31 AM.png
Views:	827
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	2986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 10.53.04 AM.png
Views:	811
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	2987   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 10.59.56 AM.png