View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by danasutton@mac.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
Can you show me an example of an app that is not a web browser with that behavior or a reference in the Apple Human Interface Guidelines?
Dreamweaver,for one
Well, arguably Dreamweaver is a Web content creation app, so the "Mac" behavior you want is really "Web" behavior.

I misspoke to ask for any example app--I made my point with TextEdit and Terminal: both of them have preferences for the default window size, neither of them remembers where the last window is currently, only where it was originally, both are written by Apple and are clearly Mac-like without this behavior. None of our other applications work this way (Outliner, Graffle) and yet I hear no complaints about them.

The only reason people care is because we are a web browser--that said, given that we are a web-browser, perhaps there should be an easier way to set the default size/location or a preference to automatically update the default size/location.

I know there are quite a few people who like our way of doing it once they realize how to save the window size--but it is problematic that so many people are unaware of our solution.

I am curious tho, how often do you actually want to change the default? Why? Is the more important issue size or position?