View Single Post
Hi,

I am wireframing out interactions for an application that uses assets created in Adobe Illustrator. I used the Place Image... command and linked to files that contain the various UI elements. In theory this would let me wireframe out the interactions with the components provided and the visual designers can update the ai files I have linked to so that my wireframes always show the latest visual design.

I noticed that only some of the ai files are selectable when placing them. If I open and re-save the ai files they are then selectable. What is it about those ai files that makes them not selectable until I re-save them?

Also, is there a way to relink a single file to a folder and have all the files in that folder relink automatically? Currently I get a dialog that tells me there are files that are missing but it doesn't give me the option to correct the problem. Once I dismiss that dialog those files don't show up in the opened document and I can't selected them to relink them individually. Am I missing something or is there no way to relink these files as a group?

Any insight would be appreciated.