View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by convergent View Post
Well I just figured it out I think. If I go into OF and select a perspective and then hit the Delete key, it deletes all the contexts for that perspective. I would think that with no actions selected, a hit of the delete key should do nothing.
Selecting a context in the sidebar and hitting the delete key seems like a natural UI design for getting rid of a context, no?

I can see how the option to require confirmation of deletion might be an attractive option, but it seems like a bit of a tar ball to configure. Some might want this protection on all deletions, others just on contexts, and so on. Maybe an option to have the delete key functionality on cmd-delete instead? That would presumably wipe out the chance of accidental deletion.

I've noticed that the Undo function isn't something I feel comfortable using because I often can't figure out what will be or has been undone. And the dialog that pops up when OmniFocus can't do something because it can't get enough disk space (a problem that perpetually afflicts me no matter how many disks I buy), offering to "Revert this change?" when it usually is triggered while I'm away from the computer? Uh, gosh, thanks, I love surprises and puzzles, let me see if I can figure out what the change was after you blow away all my windows and relaunch :-)