View Single Post
New here, still a way from ninja (+ loose with GTD ) but few observations/ comments.

Current iCal sync has ltd value for me as it lists *all* tasks and not as events.

Firstly here's my ideal scenario. (ignoring where i do it for now)

- Ability to show due actions on daily, week (poss mth) view calendar as events.

- *key* Ability to drag & drop actions within cal to amend time/dates/durations + add time/due date to non scheduled actions by dragging it onto cal view from a list (right pane) - non scheduled list also filterable by keyword.

- Ability to view other cals (ical/gcal etc) + toggle those cals to quickly see bottlenecks (also useful for delegation when at certain consult jobs)

Why:

Speed, often little time to plan day(s) ahead, work in manic places (freelance - ad agencies, media etc)- sometimes teams/sometime not, need to juggle/manage expectations constantly. Joint actions/events calender only way to do it.

How:

Best if could do drag drop/scheduling in OF but still big value to sync to calendar. However needs event changes in one to reflects in other (true sync)

Can kinda do above with iCal/OF currently but the *all* task list in ical is overwhelming + have to copy task to an ical event. I want to *sync* iCal/OF inc time/dates/durations changes.

I think following option in OF ICal sync prefs (+ full auto sync engine) would go way to achieving above. Outside full calendar in OF.

- Sync actions in 'due next xx days OR All' as 'event OR tasks' on ical/gcal.

That'll do for now, past my bedtime.

Olly

ps. Some/All above would be great but already a fantastic piece of software doing wonders for my stress levels. Thanks