View Single Post
Hmm. Let me try to clarify.

I didn't say that there's anything illogical. I just said it wasn't easy to figure out on an intuitive basis (hence my needing to post).

And I didn't mean that the developers built in some sort of fussiness. Just that to me, a newbie, trying to figure out all these little details (lack of which can completely impede one's use of the program) is a fussy process.

And, finally, I'm not saying it should work some other way. I'm just saying that there are lots of things about OF that work in a very specific way, that those basic specifics aren't centrally cataloged anywhere (that I could find, anyway), and those of us just getting into it can feel some serious frustration.

Of course, there's also the possibility that it's totally easy and intuitive and I'm just a complete moron, but I've been computing since 1988 and generally have found myself above average, rather than below, in my ability to get up to speed with different apps - and, as a shareware/software buff, I've used thousands of 'em.

Last edited by Eric Schoenfeld; 2009-05-22 at 07:17 AM..