View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by taglia View Post
Hi Trey,

I have the same problem with my BlackBerry...
I knew I shouldn't have used this as my example, because somebody would jump on the BlackBerry aspect... :)

It happened to be the action I was looking at. Yes, I know I can do other things with my BlackBerry. But I have several tasks like this. "Vacuum the apartment". "Clean out the recycling". "Input the paper receipts in my wallet into the accounting system".

My question wasn't how to get tasks from my BlackBerry into OmniFocus, my question was how to make repeating items that will bug me frequently, but not—quite—constantly. Right now, all I can seem to do is make items that regenerate the moment I complete them, or that have a long period of time between regenerations. ("Regeneration" means "availability", I know that the new item always gets created as soon as OmniFocus can do so, I'm speaking metaphorically here.)

I want to know how to make repeated actions available very shortly after I complete them, but not immediately, and have the due date close very quickly. Using "Repeat", "Start", and "Due" in a natural way causes very unexpected results. Following Mr. Case's suggestions in the other thread does not do what he said it would do, but SpiralOcean says that the fact it doesn't work that way is not a bug. So I'm wondering how you actually do this.