View Single Post
Dennis,

Thanks for the tip. I did know about smart matching for projects, but I didn't think that projects were going to be the best way to categorize my tasks. I think of a project as a series of steps (either parallel or sequential) intended to reach a specific end point. What I was after were ways to organize my to-dos based on the area of responsibility under which they fall. For example, in one of my roles at work I might have oversight over a certain area in my department. In that role, I have multiple tasks that are only related in that they belong in this area. It seemed to me that folders would be the way to go. But, when I create a new action in the Inbox, I need a quick way to get it into the correct folder, which gets difficult if the hierarchy is complex.

Maybe I need to think of using projects in a different way: that is, create a non-sequential project for each area of responsibility and just throw tasks in there as they come up. The projects would have no real end point (until I retire, that is!), but they'd let me do the categorization much more quickly.

Does this make sense to those of you with much more experience using OF? (I apologize if I'm using the terminology incorrectly - I'm new to this stuff.)

Thanks.