Thread: Confusing...?!
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianonline View Post
The only thing is, and I've emailed feedback to Omnigroup about this, is that when all tasks are shown in Context mode, it does not show the individual contexts to which each task is for. I think that would help as I would not want to get payments to/from different business accounts mixed up! That's not likely as it shows the Project but still it would help.
You can handle this in two ways.

1. Show the View bar and group by context. You'll then see outline headings for each of your contexts; you can collapse or expand them as you need.

2. Select only the relevant context(s) in the sidebar (the pane on the left with the yellow background). You'll then see only actions in the context(s) you have chosen. You can select multiple, non-contiguous contexts by using the Command key.

By the way, those who follow the Getting Things Done model would not make contexts task-dependent (i.e., Financial) but, instead, tool- and place-dependent. For example, Office Computer would be a context for things you can only do on your office computer, Phone the context for things where you need a phone, Staff Meeting for actions that can only be done there, etc. It's the combination of focusing on projects or folders AND specifying contexts that make OmniFocus so powerful. For instance, I focus on my Research folder and I select my Library context: instantly I have a list of all the actions I can do in the library that are relevant to my research. I'm not distracted either by library-related tasks that are not relevant to research or by research-related tasks that can't be done in the library.