View Single Post
I'm really new to OF, and am struggling to find a good workflow for the following:

All 9 of my email accounts get routed through GMail and into my Inbox (I'm using the Mail/Address Book/iCal/.mac combo, a very recent switcher from Entourage). When an email comes in that I need to refer to later this week, I want to create ... something... in OF that will allow me to refer back to it, so that I can now remove this email from the Inbox (so I'm not constantly staring at it; I use the Zero Inbox methodology).

Does that make sense? Basically, I want a to-do set up in OF that can point back to the email, even if that email is now in some other folder other than the Inbox.

I'm so new at OF that I haven't figured out how to do the clipping feature. So if you have an workflow that you're using, please describe it in baby language so I can get each step.

(for what it's worth: in entourage, I had a couple of scripts that would allow me to highlight an email, bring up a window asking how long to postpone this email (from 20 seconds to 20 months), and then have it automatically move to a Postponed folder for that set amount of time; it would then pop back into the Inbox once the time was up. I'm looking for any method of getting emails OUT of the Inbox with a reminder attached to them to review at a set time in the future).