View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousstranger View Post
I haven't used the "Nearby" feature of OmniFocus much, .... However, when I got to the grocery store and started checking off items from my grocery list, after a few items Omnifocus would crash. Restarting Omnifocus would show that the items I'd checked off were now unchecked. Any idea what might have been going on here?
I have no idea what's going on but it's been annoying me from the very first release of the App. I filed a bug way back in the day and nothing has happened. It seems like there was maybe a build or two where it didn't happen... but it still crashes on me whenever I check off an item and then scroll after it.

The "solution", if you will, is to hit the "Nearby" crosshairs immediately after you've checked off an item. The app then re-loads the Nearby view with your checked item removed.

That prevents the crash. It is annoying to fix it this way because it changes your view. I've also found it is very unreliable in updating the Next Action based on what you've just cleared out. Seems like I have to go to another screen and then return to Nearby to force an event update. I don't get it, checking off an item should be a significant enough event for the app to evaluate what the Next Action is.

Anyway, I use the feature less and less and just use the Context view because of this long outstanding bug.