View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog View Post
Yes, SpiralOcean -- but that's the circumstance that creates redundant waiting-for items. If I had five different projects that were all stymied by their own "waiting to rent power washer" next action, that's five identical next actions cluttering up context view.
My waiting for actions are in on hold contexts, so even if they are duplicated, they don't show up in the normal context view. I have a separate perspective for looking at my on hold contexts, which I do as part of my daily review to remind me what I might be waiting or looking for.

Another tactic is to select the project waiting for something to happen, pull up the contextual menu with ctrl-click, select Copy As Link, and paste that link into the notes field of the prerequisite. Repeat for as many dependent actions as you have. Then when the power washer is rented, you can just click on those links to open up new windows to the projects that should be revived by checking off the waiting for actions. Note that the original item can be in an active context or an on-hold context, as appropriate -- "rent power washer" would make sense in an active errands context, "receive proceeds from stock sale" would make sense in an on-hold waiting for context.

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2008-12-15 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: expand on a point