Thread: A bit sluggish?
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
The reason it is faster is because it is now pulling content from the cache most of the time rather than checking to see if new content has been posted on the site since the last time the page was loaded. In other words, you risk seeing out-of-date content until you manually force the page to reload all the content.
Yeah, I understand cache protocols, don't worry! My point was the degree to which this would actually cause semantically significant incconsitencies (e.g. people might have varying content but not mark it with a no cache flag).

In any case I sped OW up intensely by nuking all the files in ~Library that referred to OW or Safari, then moving back my workspaces, bookmarks and cookies. Now OW zips along. It could be just the preferences, though I have manually reset most (e.g. ad filtering strings) and shortcuts.

What's weirdest is that even things like expanding/collapsing folders in the bookmarks window is a lot faster.

I've been manually moving sections back into the prefs file without it changing anything. Obviously debugging this isn't my #1 priority.