Thread: Badges wha huh?
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojombo View Post
If indeed it does act like you say,
It does, and you can easily demonstrate this to yourself.
Quote:
the preference pane is quite misleading. It reads "Show Due Soon and Overdue actions:" followed by checkboxes for sidebar, dock, and menu.

To me, "Due Soon and Overdue actions" implies that I'll see the total of the Due Soon and Overdue actions.
It's rare that there's enough space to fully document what an option does right next to the checkbox that controls it. This is not one of those cases. Another reasonable interpretation is that you would see separate counters for due soon and overdue actions, but again that isn't what was implemented. I don't know about you, but I don't want to see a sum of two different things, because 19 overdue actions and 1 due soon action is a completely different kettle of fish than 1 overdue action and 19 due soon actions, and just showing me a 20 doesn't give me any clue as to where in that spectrum the truth is.
Quote:
It does not imply "show me the total Due Soon actions or total Overdue actions, depending on which is bigger."
It is indeed good that it doesn't imply that, because that's not what it does. It shows the count of the actions with the highest urgency, if you will. It only shows a count of due soon actions if there aren't any overdue actions.