View Single Post
One thing that causes a major hassle for me in OmniPlan is the lack of pop-up calendars when entering start/end dates for tasks. Does anyone else think this is virtually a show-stopper? OK, maybe not quite that bad, but it is a real pain having to switch to my calendar app every time I need to make more than a few days adjustment.

A typical scenario is I'll need to move a date by 1-2 weeks and I know that I want it to start on a particular day, say Monday. But Plan has no way to tell me what day of the week the task currently starts on, so I don't know how many days I need to move it. And even if I did, if the shift happens to cross over into a new month I've either got to do the math in my head to work out the new date (bad idea for me) and remember how many days are in the month the task currently ends in...

Alternatively I must switch to a calendar, surf to the date in the calendar, find the right date, and then go back to Plan again.

A pop-up would be about 10x easier and more reliable than either of these methods. This is basic functionality for any program that relies on dates, can we please get this in for v1.0?

Thanks. :o