View Single Post
Maybe you only look at a few actions at a time, but that isn't true for me! With the exception of my agenda contexts for individuals, most of my contexts have at least a dozen available actions at any given time. I doubt I am alone in this regard. And often I am doing a display of multiple contexts (it is rare that I only can work in a single context as I'm probably going to have a phone or some sort of computing gadget with me) which means I'll have even more choices which would be hidden by a pane. By using Focus in New Window, I don't have to continually deselect actions to be able to see as much of the list at a glance. This issue is cut from the same cloth as the issue of whether or not the inspector is a good thing or not, I think. Unless you've got a really big expanse of screen relative to the number of actions to be displayed, it seems better to only show the additional information on request. I would be an unhappy camper if they switched to your proposed method without leaving the ability to keep the current behavior!

I don't see how this feature gets you a more up-to-date, correct list of what you have to do. Could you elaborate on that assertion?