View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofspades View Post
so I should restore it to this location and delete the extension (backup name so it's just "omnifocus"?ok. will try this now. I restored it to my desktop because I wasn't sure where the OF file is supposed to live and couldn't find documentation on this anywhere on this site/in forums.
Some moot points now that the issue has been resolved…

My apologies—I may have misunderstood which file you were restoring in Time Machine. My suggestions assumed you were restoring a previous iteration of OmniFocus.ofocus to ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus), not OmniFocus[date][number].ofocus-backup to ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus Backups. (In the latter case, the restored file would have needed to be renamed, the suffix changed from ofocus-backup to .ofocus, and moved to the correct folder, if performed manually. A simpler way would be using File > Revert to Database Backup as Ken mentioned).
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofspades
Um ok. Did this now my toolbar doesn't show actions or contexts. Can't fix this either apparently
Apparently, this occurs when OF is not running and you double click an .ofocus-backup file. The built-in perspectives are not present.