View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelaye View Post
I am also missing something very essential for note-taking, and I am a bit puzzled why Omni hasn't introduced that yet as a special feature for their application set, because what I'm missing is such an obvious part of GTD.

I am sitting so often in meetings that create action-items that I need to track, BUT most of the meeting notes are just that: meeting notes that I need to archive for later reference but not more.
So I (and I am guessing hundreds of other project managers) would need a note-taking tool that automatically can distinguish between mere notes and recorded action items and export these action items after the meeting to your favourite action-item management tool, OmniFocus of course.
My idea how to do that would be a special column in OOiP that may be called 'OmniFocus' column, and when I have a line of text that actually is an action item, I place a hook in the OF column, so that at the end all ROWS that have a OF hook will be exported to a file (or via the OmniSync server?) that OF can then import. Wouldn't that be lovely and extra-efficient?
Oh, I just realise, that at least on the Mac I should be able to do such thing with the scripting interface, no?? (I get excited.. ;)
There are some first iPad applications out there, that do exactly that, but of course I want to use my beloved OmniFocus!
Omni, you better speed up with an implementation of this, because I believe that could be a killer-feature for all us managers out there!
What do others think?
Check Action Notes, it offers three levels of note priority, I find myself using it for in-meeting notes more than any other app. I am fearful that OO will add GTD features before it finishes the Outliner functionality of OO. I want OO to be the best outliner and THEN add features.