View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
It does. Are you turning on the Perspectives feature on your iPhone, and using the Perspectives->DUE and Perspectives->DUE RADAR choices that appear? Assuming that your perspectives are context mode perspectives, you should be able to view them on the iPhone and see a list very similar to that you see on the Mac (one notable content difference: at the moment, the iPhone app does not filter out actions from On Hold projects, so they will appear on the iPhone but not the Mac).
I do have that turned on and that works fine! And thanks for validating the "on hold" issue - that was my suspicion.

Quote:
What it does not do is replace or alter the Overdue and Due Soon "perspectives" on the main screen of the iPhone app, which cannot be edited.
Okay - that is what I was getting at. Thanks for confirming.

Quote:
But if you have badges turned on in the side bar or dock or menu bar on the desktop app, you have the same problem with your teammates' actions getting counted, regardless of your perspectives. If it is in your database, it counts.
Okay, that makes sense and is as I suspected. I may have to just turn badges off on the iphone. For some reason, the badge counts in the desktop side bar don't bug me because they align with the contexts, and all my teammates are at the bottom. So I can mentally separate them. But on the iphone, they all add up to a big number on the icon badge and I'm not sure I like that. :)

Anyway - thanks for talking me through this. At least I know I'm not missing anything now and I can decide how to massage my workflow and settings based on what I want to see.

Thanks again.