View Single Post
Similar situation here: Mac at home, Windows at work. But unlike others, I didn't buy the Mac version. My home life, while busy enough, pales in comparison with my work life, so I had no use for OF just for home if I couldn't use it at work.

When OF became available on the iPad, I looked at it again more closely and decided it was worth a try, given the 30 day guarantee. In that time period, I used the 14 day trial of the Mac version to enter my entire GTD structure from what I was using before. Since that time (mid-summer), I've used just the iPad version (well, I did buy the iPhone version, but that doesn't get the same kind of use), and I love it. I'm even pretty good with the virtual keyboard, so I didn't feel an external keyboard was worth it for me.

I always had it in my mind that if it worked out that I would probably buy the Mac version, but I found that I adjusted well enough to the iPad version that I didn't think it was worth it for me. And quite frankly, in the period of time I was using both, I found I like the iPad interface better.