View Single Post
That is certainly true of "Note"s attached to "ToDo", "Floating Event", and "Appointment" instances. I'm not sure where the state of things like the "Float" checkbox is stored, and whether you need to use Palm Desktop as the computer backend for that when synching.

DateBk6 has a lot of genious written into it, and despite (and perhaps at times, *because* of) the limitations of Palm screen size, input methods, capabilities, etc., I find it a very powerful tool. (I say "because of" Palm limitations, because limitations of the device can force Palm app makers to keep their features to a set that is fewer in number, but more focused and powerful.) *However* much of its powerful methods of course are lacking when using Palm Desktop, so I don't use the Desktop app much -- although the abilities to type on a full-size keyboard (I use a cool little folding Palm keyboard when I'm doing any significant amount of input), and copy and paste to and from Palm / other data, are useful at times.

I would so love to be able to do my calendar, to do list, memos, and address book in an elegant and powerful desktop app or group of apps, and also have really great input on a mobile device. If I could input into the four apps I mentioned as fast or faster than I can with a Palm and keyboard or Grafitti (I'm good at it, but your hand does get tense if you do too much) into an iPhone, I'd get one. I would love to use OmniFocus for my to do's / as a mini project manager and have that integrate well with the iPhone. Best yet, have OmniFocus also *on* the iPhone! We'll see at WWDC what possibilities, if any, exist for that kind of thing. Next best for me would be integration with DateBk6.

Bob

Last edited by omnibob; 2007-05-26 at 10:07 AM..