View Single Post
Assuming you have a mac running omnifocus that's always on, and that you are using cloud sync, you can do the following:

1. Create a 'special' mailbox (there's nothing actually special about it other than the only thing you use it for is getting tasks from Mail into OF). I call mine 'Actions'

2. Whenever you want to action an email, stick it into this folder (the mail move actions on the iPad make this pretty seamless)

3. Periodically run an applescript on your mac that takes all messages sitting in the Actions mailbox, turns them into tasks in the OF inbox on the mac, and moves the messages somewhere (back to your mail inbox, to an archive folder, etc... I move them to an archive folder). I use subjects of the emails as an initial task name, and the tasks are like they've been fed thru the clip-o-tron... with contents, attachments, etc.

4. When you next sync your iPad OF, the tasks are there. Then I can change the task name if needed, set due dates, etc... A quick mini-review.

5. There are a whole bunch of ways to trigger the applescript, including using CRON and other Unix smartness. I just have a mail rule that looks for the subject ActionMail and triggers the applescript. Primitive but effective!

It's pretty clumsy I know, but it does work, under the assumptions above (ie, you've got a mac as well, it's running, etc).

It's far from ideal, but it works for me.

I'll post the applescript in the next reply... use at your own risk, YMMV, etc.

cheers
FB