View Single Post
I'm having problems setting up syncing between two desktop macs. One doesn't seem to "take" the password, and the other doesn't see the shared dB over Bonjour.

Here's what I think I know:

1. According to Apple (Bonjour explanation), one doesn't have to "do" anything to get the macs talking via Bonjour. I network between them all day for many applications, with no issues. So the versions of Omnifocus should see each other over my LAN, without any input from me.

2. Both machines have active licenses. Probably not crippled in a trial version, but just fyi.

3. Sync Database Mac: When I go to Preferences/Sync/Bonjour/ "Keep the sync database on this mac" and attempt to enter a password in "set password," I press "OK" and immediately get a warning sound. "Set password" doesn't change . This suggests to me that the dB for syncing is not being built, which would explain why I can't see it from the networked machine I'm looking to sync to it (see below).

4. The networked machine, that I am looking to sync to the database, when I click the radio button to "Connect to an existing sync database" it gives no optons in the drop down. I think this is expalined by 3, above, and so this is expected behavior.

Both machines: ppc os x 10.4.9
OF 1.5 (release candidate 2)

Thanks
Kevin

Last edited by willard202; 2008-11-04 at 08:07 AM..