View Single Post
I've been using OP quite successfully with a 500+ line plan on a 1.33 G4 for the past couple of months. The main areas where performance is an issues are:

- Dragging tasks: the time lag with a medium sized plan makes it very difficult to assess the correct place to stop dragging. This applies to both moving them and changing their duration. This causes severe usabilty issues as it makes one of OP's most attractive features almost too difficult/sluggish to use to be effective.

- Updating styles: this takes quite a long time but does not really impact usability. It just annoying.

- Resource view: filtering tasks by resource is very slow. This does not make it easy to jump from resource to resource.

- Text input: the response rate to key presses is also slow. I seem to find myself freqruently deleting too many characters when editing info.

For myself these are the three main areas of poor performance, although, at present, most of the app could do with a speed boost.

May I also ask if any further work is being done with the critical path analysis? OP doesn't appear to calculate it all the way through a plan.