View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCH View Post
Thank you! This seems to have fixed my problem. My "today" perspective now has Actions Grouped By: Start and Actions Sorted By: Project.

I do wish there was a way to move the "start any time" list to the bottom, rather than the top, but it's easy enough just to hide the list. (I have a huge number of tasks I'd like to get to one day.)
Yeah, I think having the Start Any Time section at the top makes very little sense. If you're viewing a list by start date, you're most likely to be interested in the items which actually have one! The corresponding view by due date doesn't put all of the items with no due date at the front. View by completed doesn't list all the uncompleted items first. View by flagged doesn't list the unflagged items first.

The iPad initially had it right, but then was changed to match the Mac. The rationale was:
The reason items with no start date are listed at the top is because they're available first. The reason items with no due date (or completion date) are listed at the bottom are because they're due (or completed) last.
I've resigned myself to having to scroll past the closed "Start Any Time" group :-) No reason for you to give up, though — use Help->Send Feedback to ask for a change or preference...