View Single Post
I can never really understand this attitude that some people seem to feel they are 'entitled' to every piece of pro-grade software that exists, whether they need it or not.

The chances are, if you think it's too expensive then you really don't *need* it and one of the more cost-effective solutions would be more than enough to suit your need.

For example, I'm a photographer and I often hear people moaning about the price of Photoshop, and yet they're not involved in the graphics industry and barely take any photos other than holiday snaps. They don't need it, Elements or even iPhoto would be more than plenty for all their needs. They just *want* it, because they've heard it's cool.

Photography is a major part of my life and so I bought the full Adobe Creative Suite, and Lightroom too. They are an absolutely key part of my daily workflow and more than worth the asking price because I use them every day for several hours. I spend far more hours using Photoshop than I do in my car so the value to me is obvious.

I've already said several times that OmniFocus in it's three forms saves me literally hours of time every week. If it only saved me one hour it's paid for itself so the price to me is irrelevant. If I'd paid double the asking price I wouldn't be disappointed and I for one hope that Omni always charge the right price that allows them to continue making the quality of software that they do.

I'd suggest people consider the *real* value to them before they start moaning something is too expensive.