View Single Post
As whpalmer4 said, just choose three big rocks to do today. Your day will be a success if you can complete those three big rocks that can advance one of your main projects forward.

I write my three big rocks on an index card and look at just those three things. I quit OmniFocus on my computer because I don't want to be tempted to open it up to look at it.

I've heard that your productivity app can be a productivity killer because you'll be staring at your lists all day long and stay in planning mode instead of doing. Just close OmniFocus and look at your three big rocks.

I used to try to schedule tasks. But I spent more time trying to shuffle tasks into different time blocks. Then I'll be interrupted by a client or unscheduled event. Things like this will throw off the best laid plans. So there is essentially no need to schedule tasks. Just complete the three big rocks and then open OmniFocus when you are looking for other things to do.

The time I wasted on task scheduling was better spent actually doing stuff instead of planning stuff.