View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by avernet View Post
What is the difference between "available" and "next"? I have to admit that I never tried to use this feature.
That question is best answered by describing the three types of projects/lists. I am leaving out action groups for simplicity, but they behave essentially the same way.

1. Sequential Project - The first action in the project is the "next" action. No other action is "available" because, in a sequential project, the actions must be performed in a certain sequence.

2. Parallel Project - The first action in the project is the "next" action. All other action are "available" because, in a parallel project, the actions can be performed in any sequence. You can rearrange the actions to make whichever one you select the "next" action.

3. Single Actions List - All actions are "next" because the actions are independent of one another. There is no logical sequence in which they should be performed.

Edit: In addition, you can affect the availability of an action by changing its start date. A future start date makes an otherwise available action unavailable.

Last edited by dhm2006; 2007-10-09 at 03:52 AM..