View Single Post
That's what I've found too. Having multiple contexts sounds nice but it just layers on more layers of complexity. I try to keep my contexts to a minimum. It expands and shrinks dynamically from week to week. So I'll be adding some new contexts as needed and then deleting contexts when they are no longer relevant.

Adding multiple contexts seems to just muddy the waters for me and forces me to keep track of more things that I really need to.

i always believe in applying the relevant context to each task. Sure there are other subcontexts but in the small windows of free time during my day, I can look at the most relevant context and then make a snap decision about whether I want to do a task based on my current conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjohn View Post
Some people complain that you cant have multiple contexts, i.e. as you could using tagging in Things. IMO it can be useful having less here. For good GTD any tasks should be boiled down to a pretty simple context - an email, research, a phone call. Any task that doesnt fit into a simple context like this is put into my 'Omni Focus' context which is a context I go into to further plan/split that task/project so it does fit into normal contexts.