View Single Post
Dear all,

I have been looking for a GTD app during the past month, and I was more or less ready to buy all versions of omnifocus (well, at least iPad and desktop), but some questions linger in my mind regarding my needs and what omnifocus offers:

1. I love keyboard shortcuts for instance, and I would rather write stuff such as " Task1 ^tomorrow at 5pm #project 1 @Context " than click on multiple buttons to add tasks and contexts. Is that possible?

2. I need to be able to add events/tasks/lists by email (including due dates, projects, contexts…), and preferably, from different email addresses. This is really key to me (as I think it is the quickest way to add a task pretty much anywhere), and I have been unable to find a definite answer. By what I understand, it is not possible if I only have the iPad version.
However, if I have both the ipad and desktop version, I am not sure.
Would I be able to send an email to an Omnifocus address from my work email address (I am on windows at work and I use outlook) or from my personal gmail address, when I am, say, commuting?
My goal is to be able to write something along the lines of what is written above, i.e., "Task1 ^tomorrow at 5pm #project 1 @Context " in the subject line and that it creates task 1 in Project 1 with @context with a due date tomorrow at 5pm.

Thanks for your help! I would really like to be able to do that so that I can start using Omnifocus :-)