View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiK View Post
That works for me, I'm all in favour of keeping the riff raff out!

To me, it isn't premium pricing. It's perfectly reasonable pricing for a quality application.

I think the problem is so many other apps going in with stupidly low prices affecting peoples perception. I mean seriously, doesn't it seem crazy to pay less than a bar of chocolate for a rock-solid business application that you use every day? Seriously?

How much is your average video game that people play for a few hours and then it never touch again? Then compare that to the cost of OmniFocus which we use every day.

Just how long will the people making the 59p apps survive? What's their motivation to keep providing support and updates when they've made pennies from each customer? How likely are their customers to put a value on their service or their products in the future?

How would you feel if you spent thousands of man-hours working on something and someone told you they though it was worth less then the cost of a can of coke?
To answer your question personally, however: $40 is under 20 minutes of work. I use OF everyday for both professional and personal matters, and it facilitates my management of both. It is one of the very, very few pieces of software I have never have a data integrity issue with; other minor issues are dealt with by the best customer service in the industry (IMHO) and a healthy and active user community. The time I spend replying to your (amusing) debates on the forums I could probably have spent working enough to more than repay for all of the OG products I've ever bought. So to me it's really not a "premium" price.