View Single Post
To: whpalmer4,

I gather from your replies to me above as well as numerous other posts you have made throughout this thread as well as elsewhere in these forums, that you have ties to the Omni group that extend beyond that of an everyday customer. That is fine and fair, however, in the interest of full disclosure it would be appropriate for said ties to be disclosed up front.

For my part, I am just a customer with no conflict of interest pertaining to OmniGroup, CarbonFin or ANY other software developer.

At no time did I suggest an enforceable contract with Omni was in play. We did, however, receive clear communication that Dropbox sync was not going to happen but iCloud sync would. That commitment was still clear via email from Ken Chase to me as recently as this past August and perhaps more importantly on the company website until I brought it to Ken's attention on Friday, after which it was removed. I have that via email as well, would you like copies?

Secondly, I am only been using CarbonFin Outliner since yesterday morning as a result of my search for a new Outliner application given OmniGroups now finally advising it can't or won't sync with Dropbox or iCloud.

So, I don't know if CarbonFin has the limitations you are suggesting it has. But I can pick-up my iPad, my Macbook Air, my iMac, or my iPhone open the application and access my fully sync'ed outlines via Dropbox. The message you and OmniGroup (I accept you are one in the same) do not seem get is that Dropbox and/or iCloud sync support is more important to many/most customers. CarbonFin so far appears to understand and appeal to customer demands and feedback.

Finally, what "due diligence" did I not exercise? I bought in and faithfully and loyally supported OmniGroup for a year while they continually advised that iCloud sync would be offered. Are you suggesting there is another level of due diligence I could have carried out that would have shown they were lying and deliberately misleading? If so, I disagree with you. From the few dealings I had with Ken Chase I never found him to be dishonest. The only area in which I found OmniGroup to be lacking had to do with their inability and/or unwillingness to make OmniOutliner sync across Dropbox or iCloud.

Ken Chase did once write to me the only way they could provide DropBox or iCloud support would be in OmniOutliner 4. Sorry, I have waited long enough, and CarbonFin Outliner already does it, right out of the box.