View Single Post
Howdy all,

I'm reviewing the audio-book, "Getting Things Done" with a real attempt to apply the principles of "Actions and Outcomes" to my graphic art/illustration business.
The first thing I'm confronted with is, "Would it really be effective to capture all the steps of creating a painting"?

For instance, I'm currently in the process of creating a CD cover that contains images of 7 faces.
I usually work intuitively but as an experiement, I'm breaking down my rendering proccess into the following actions.

Action 01 = choose 1st person's face.
Action 02 = scribble rough sketch of face.
Action 03 = using an overlay, sketch skull over rough sketch.
Action 04 = using an overlay, re-sketch face over skull.
Action 05 = refine sketch of face.
Action 06 = scan refined sketch into Photoshop.
Action 07 = crop image, save and import into Corel Painter.
Action 08 = trace face with pen-tool in Painter to transform into line art.
Action 09 = paint water-color on layer beneath line art.
Action 10 = tweak tones with airbrush tool on new layer, above watercolor.
Action 11 = save and import image back into Photoshop.
Action 12 = apply color balance and final tweaks to face.

My first thought was, yikes I didn't realize my process contained so many darn actions!
And I'm not yet sure if it will be effective to input all of those actions into Omni, but I'm giving it a shot.
One thing for sure is if I apply those 12 steps to the 6 remaining faces, I'll have finished CD cover art.
If this example works, I suppose that I'll have to figure out if there's a way to turn it into some sort of template that can be used to repeat the process for similar jobs in the future.

My intention of posting this, is to stimulate and inspire all Omni-Artists to evaluate our working process.
So here's my question to all of the Omni-Artists out there (if there are any).

To what degree are you integrating the Omni system into your work flow?
Can you site examples of how you're using the system, or are you just creating Projects with deadlines and rendering your art process intuitively?

Thanks for considering this inquiry.
Looking forward to your feedback.

O

Last edited by oloyd; 2008-09-26 at 02:51 PM..