View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemental View Post
In theory isn't this how search-based locations are supposed to work? I'm not sure exactly when Omni does the search for a context, but from my understanding OF searches every time you pull up the map view?

That's a shame that OF isn't smart enough to check your contacts and know that they've changed. Silly!
Maybe I should be more clear. Currently when choosing the option to perform a search instead of assigning a contact to a specific context. There is no option to choose any type of notification. I would think if the location is being pulled down when I view my contexts in the map view this geo location data can be attributed to the search parameters and updated to provide notifications as is done with address information for items on my contacts list.

As for the updating of changed contact information. I am not sure if this has been something many people have noticed. I only realized OF was not updating contact information when testing geo location for the search of a specific context and noticed the pin for my sister's home was in the wrong place - her old address.

Edit:

I should add I am not aware of the requirements Omni Group would need address to automatically access and update this type of information, both for the contacts and with search. My concern is more with OF automatically tracking a "movable" target than anything else. This type of variable target could be hard to hit, especially with the Google errors I constantly get. Try having your young child see "Toys R Us" on the map and in reality it is a clothing store at the mall. Google has recently become more and more useless to me with all the false positive results.

Last edited by Dale; 2012-10-11 at 03:39 PM..