View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt32 View Post
Should I be concerned if I, as a final step procedure when my iPhone app becomes unable to load and after backing up my database, delete my Omnifocus.ofocus document on the iDisk and then sync my Mac database again onto the iDisk, then delete the database from my iPhone, and then reload this new smaller database from the iPhone.
It sounds like you're essentially starting syncing over from scratch, as if you had just gotten a new iPhone and were setting it up for the first time.

I don't think this is really a problem. But I wonder what happens in this scenario:
  1. You have multiple transaction files in the OmniFocus database on your Mac that have been merged with the Mac client but not with other clients.
  2. You turn off syncing and delete OmniFocus from your server and from your iPhone.
  3. You then turn syncing back on and everything gets copied to the server.
  4. Then reinstall OmniFocus on your iPhone and point it to your server to sync the database.

What happens to those leftover transaction files? Presumably, the server and the iPhone both have the complete database copied from your Mac, so none of the clients need those leftover transaction files. Do they get cleaned up automatically even if they don't need to be merged anywhere?

All of this discussion is really moot since it's based entirely on speculation. There simply isn't enough information to make a decision or give advice with any real confidence. Consequently, it's risky to make assumptions and start deleting files, especially inside the database package (unless someone from the Omni Group says it's OK).

This is Omni's domain, they're the only ones who really know what's going on, and they're clearly still making changes under the hood. I think the best advice is to simply sit tight and wait for some authoritative response from the Omni Group. That might not be what you want to hear, but that's the reality of beta testing. ;-)

-Dennis