View Single Post
I don't have a breadth of project management software experience, but I've devoted a lot of time to two such projects, one in Microsoft Project for Mac LONG ago (don't laugh;), and now with OmniPlan. Both were projects that mostly were me as the one doing the work, and resources weren't significant. I realize there is a methodology to (software-based) project management involving multiple human and other resources, and that is where project management software, properly applied, can shine. Domain knowledge is also especially important.

Where my work currently differs (and I acknowledge, I'm in the minority), is that I'm trying to figure out work domain knowledge as I go, and bring on help in a kind of ad-hoc way. What I've found with OmniPlan, is that it works, but I must keep super clean on all details. In OmniFocus, I can be a little bit looser, but still feel on track.

I guess what I'm postulating, is a new project management schema, that brings in the individual action management of OF to project management. This is a software challenge; but probably more so, a theoretical challenge. But perhaps there is an outcome that could change how we work together.

Bob

Last edited by omnibob; 2012-02-17 at 06:48 PM..