View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by judisohn View Post
Well, for example "Skip sub-selection to select ALL immediately (ESC key)" .... huh?!?
Yes, I've been finding that annoying too :-)

I think it may be fixed and simplified as of WhereInOF732

(It was a work-around for a bug in the behaviour of choose lists launched from the OF toolbar - the OK button didn't automatically have focus, so you couldn't just select a target and hit the return key.

I have noticed, however, that the focus bug can be fixed by wrapping user interactions in

Code:
tell application id "com.apple.systemevents"
    activate
end tell
You should find that the new version(s) are now much simpler at that point).

On documentation - I can't promise to find time (I won't document the whole OF applescript library and its possibilities) but I will certainly think about any particular suggestions ...

More generally, if you would like OmniFocus to include these saveable boolean searches and shortcuts as a built-in feature, so that I can retire this script, then you need to build up the request count through OmniFocus > Help > Send Feedback

My personal feeling is that raw out of the box, without an accessible query language, our dear OmniFocus is a slightly eccentric database - very cooperative in the capturing and zen-like hiding of our data, but not quite so helpful when we want to find it again ...

Rob

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-07-17 at 06:10 AM.. Reason: Updated link to Where in OF